Hey guys, it’s been a month since I have moved to this wonderful new place, Hakone in Japan. I’ve been wanted to say hello and introduce myself to our neighbor since we are strangers to them. So I decided to bake castella and bring it to the person!
It’s me #1 stroking near the new place.
It’s me #2.
Here is the recipe.
【ingredients】cake pan of 20cm(7.87402inch)*20cm(7.87402inch).
- 5 eggs
- 180g bread flour
- 240g sugar
- 75cc milk
- 3tbls honey
- 2tbls any vegetable oil
【How to make】
- Warm up the milk in order to dissolve honey. Add the honey and melt it
- Whip the white eggs until firm peaks form.
- Beat the egg yolk, add it to 2. and beat up together.
- Add 1 and mix with a spatula.
- Sieve the powder in little by little as you mix with a spatula.
- Pour it into the cake pan.
- Bake it at 180°C (356°F) for 10 min then 160°C (320°F) for 50 min.
- Take it out and wrap in plastic and leave in the refrigerator until the next day.
It’s on youtube too!
The neighbor was happy. Good!